The holiday season is upon us, bringing joy, festivities, and, let’s face it, an abundance of tempting treats. While it’s a time for celebration, it doesn’t have to be a time for abandoning your fitness goals. In fact, starting your fitness journey now can set you up for success during the holidays and beyond. Don’t wait for January to roll around; let’s explore how you can not only survive but thrive through the season while staying on track with your workouts and nutrition.
If you practice good habits now, you’ll be thriving through the holidays and be set up for success when it’s time for New Year resolutions.
- Strategic Indulgences:
- If you normally over eat at events and would like to change that, try these simple steps. Before going out, eat a healthy and satisfying meal. Most food options are going to be carbohydrate and fat heavy (which is not a bad thing), so make sure your at home meal is heavy on protein and vegetables. When you are at your event enjoy your favorite holiday treats in moderation. Mindfully and slowly enjoy your holiday treats versus quickly eating. This way, you satisfy cravings without derailing your progress.
- Plan Your Workouts in Advance:
- Schedule your workouts like you would any other important holiday event. Planning ahead ensures you allocate time for exercise amidst the seasonal hustle and bustle.Staying active or starting a fitness routine during the holiday season will set you up for success. One by helping you get in the proper mindset. Two by helping increase your total calories burned and by helping you build muscle, which in turn burns more calories.Knowing that you address your needs and did some self care will also give you a good mindset.
- Quick and Effective Workouts:
- We know the holiday season is busy. You honestly don’t need to be at the gym for very long. You can get an effective workout in under 60 minutes. We offer 30 minute sessions as well if you are really short on time.Embrace high-intensity workouts and you’ll see great results.
- Buddy System:
- Enlist a friend or family member to join you in your fitness journey. Having a workout partner not only adds accountability but also makes exercising more enjoyable during the holiday season.
- Prep Healthy Options:
- Prepare nutritious snacks and meals in advance to have healthy options readily available. This helps you avoid reaching for convenient, but less nutritious, holiday treats when hunger strikes. Stick to healthy and properly portioned meals on non-event days. That way you can enjoy your festive events guilt-free.Even for non-health reasons, if you plan your meals in advance, you are buying yourself more time during the week to work, spend time with family and friends, or go out holiday shopping. No more thinking about “What am I going to eat today”. You would have already made the decision.
As the holiday lights twinkle and the festive spirit surrounds us, remember that prioritizing your health doesn’t mean missing out on the joy of the season. By staying committed to your workouts and making mindful nutrition choices, you’ll not only navigate the holidays with ease but also set the stage for a healthier, happier you in the year to come.
Start your fitness journey now, and let the holidays be a time of celebration, balance, and well-deserved self-care. Schedule your free consultation today to see how we can help you!