Are you always rushing around in the morning?
Would you rather have a few extra minutes to sleep and/or get ready?
We have a few breakfast ideas for you to try! These recipes are meant to be done the night before, if not a few days in advance.
Cauliflower, Kale & Meat Egg Muffins
- 1 Cup Cauliflower (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 Cup Kale or spinach (lightly packed and torn into bite sized pieces)
- 3/4 Cup Meat of your choosing (i.e. turkey bacon, ham, chorizo) (cook and cut into bite size pieces)
- Season with salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Using a food processor, process cauliflower until it resembles rice. You can also use a knife. Chop into tiny pieces.
- Fill muffin tin ½ way with kale/spinach, cauliflower, meat.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt/pepper.
- Add egg mixture to ½ filled muffin tins. Using a small fork, mix content of each tin.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes. Bake until eggs are firm.
Overnight Oats – Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
- ¼ cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 oz of almond milk (can substitute with other milks)
- ½ tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 oz of raisins
- 1 scoop of Ascent vanilla protein powder
- 4 oz of Siggs cinnamon yogurt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Mix all ingredients the night before in a mason jar or container. Mixture needs at least 5 to 6 hours to be ready.
You can make different flavors of overnight oats. Feel free to search the google machine for other ideas.
Green Pina Colada Smoothie
- ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- 1 cup (or more) fresh baby spinach .
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 scoop of Ascent vanilla or lemon sorbet protein
- 1/4 cup ice cubes, optional
- 2 tsps raw honey, optional
- Place pineapple chunks, peeled banana and spinach in a food storage bag. Place in freezer until ready to use.
- Add all ingredients in blender
Sweet Potato Hash
- 4 oz sweet potato (cut into small cubes)
- 3 oz italian sausage or turkey sausage (squeeze out of sausage casing)
- 1 oz red pepper (cut into small cubes)
- 1 oz sweet onion (cut into small cubes)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- 2-3 large eggs or egg whites
- 2 green onions (chopped up), optional
- Salt & pepper seasoning
- Pam spray
- Avocado, optional
- Cheddar cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, add chopped sweet potatoes and lightly drizzle olive oil. Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in a baking tray, place in oven until fork tender.
- Using a saute pan, cook sausage filling.
- Once sausage filling is halfway cooked (light pink, almost brown), add red peppers and sweet onions. Once meat is cooked, add the roasted sweet potatoes to saute pan.
- Add cajun seasoning to hash, let cool. Then store in container and refrigerate.
- Preheat saute pan, use Pam spray. Then cook eggs. Adding salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Reheat hash in microwave then add eggs on top.
- Optional, add cheddar cheese, avocado and/or green onions.
We hope you enjoy these recipes!